Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. Receives Three Quality Paving Awards at 61st Annual Pennsylvania Asphalt Pavement Association (PAPA) Conference
State College, PA: Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. (GOH), a heavy construction services and products company received three quality paving awards at the 61st annual PAPA Conference. PAPA works in conjunction with PennDOT to determine and award the best paving project in each of PennDOT’s 11 engineering districts. They also recognize and award one project from the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Projects in each district are evaluated on ride smoothness, mixture quality, joint construction, pavement density, and any innovative features used during the production and placement of the asphalt mixes.
PennDOT projects that GOH is being recognized for:
- District 2-0: Centre County, Rt. 322 Seven Mountains – Potters Mills Gap Project
- >171,000 tons of asphalt placed totaling approximately 24 lane miles
- District 3-0: Columbia County, I-80 Project
- > 4,200 tons of asphalt placed totaling approximately 6 lane miles
- District 4-0: Wyoming County, Rt. 6/11 Project
- > 88,000 tons of asphalt placed totaling approximately 38 lane miles
GOH President and CEO, Dan Hawbaker thanked all who were responsible for making each of the projects a success, “To all, thank you. Achieving three awards in one year is an exceptional accomplishment. It’s what we strive for and makes life a more gratifying experience to know what we, the GOH team, are capable of achieving.”
About GOH: Founded in 1952, GOH is a heavy construction services and products company serving most of PA, eastern OH, southern NY, and northern WV with offices located in State College, PA, Montoursville, PA, Turtlepoint, PA, Grove City, PA, DuBois, PA, Greens Landing, PA, and New Philadelphia, OH. GOH owns and operates 19 quarries and 7 asphalt plants.